Unlike so many other options, Southmayd Home is not a franchise, and is led by home care professionals and local community members. Your loved one is not just a number here. Each lady has interaction with the full staff team, while the Director is on site and involved in daily happenings.
• All nurses, aides, cooking and recreational staff are skilled and/or licensed
• Staff is certified in prescription management and administering of daily medications
• Southmayd Home staff has an average of 16.5 years experience in the healthcare field
• Over half of the staff has been at Southmayd Home over 10 years
• The average staff-to-resident ratio is 1:3 to ensure a personalized, family-like environment
Board members are community active people who have and are currently serving on Boards and committees in the greater Waterbury area. The range of time they have served on the Board ranges from 1 to 23 years. They have a varied professional background including professional educators, social workers, business managers, lawyers and physical education teachers.