Established in 2012, the Southmayd Home Enhancing Life Project is an initiative seeking donations and partnerships that help maintain a century-old tradition.
Your contribution helps improve the ladies’ quality of life, and helps Southmayd Home to continue subsidizing approximately half of the living costs for each woman. Specifically, the Enhancing Life Project seeks to:
• Upgrade interior and facility furnishings
• Purchase recreational and other equipment
• Improve safety measures throughout the gardens
• Introduce items that increase social interaction
Due to the generous involvement of local citizens like yourself, the Enhancing Life Project has funded several comfort and safety improvements of late, including:
• New carpeting throughout the home
• New sofas, armchairs and draperies in the living rooms
• Card tables and chairs on the sun porches
• New chairs in the dining room
Southmayd Home is a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization; all donations and contributions are applicable for IRS tax credit.
• DVDs: Movies, Exercise, Travel
• Garden shrubs, trees and perennials
• Arts and crafts supplies
• Computerized Classroom Jeopardy
• Special entertainment programs
• Special classes: Yoga, Tai Chi
• Annual Netflix subscription
• Meal costs for trips, concerts, shows and lunches
• Painting of hallways and common areas
• Living room flooring
• Whirlpool bathing unit
• Bathroom upgrades
• Re-pointing of all exterior masonry and brickwork
• New internal Intercom system
Speak with the Director about donating good and services, volunteering or planned giving.
If you prefer mailing in your donation, please download and complete this Donation Form.